- Hong Kong is a vibrant city, and a major gateway to China.
- Hong Kong's economy is characterized by free trade,
- Hong Kong provides two types of public holidays: statutory and general holidays.
- Statutory holidays are mandated under the Employment Ordinance
- General holidays include every Sunday, all statutory holidays and an additional 5 holidays.
- At the south-eastern tip of China, Hong Kong covers Hong Kong Island, Lantau Island, the Kowloon Peninsula and the New Territories, including 262 outlying islands.
- Hong Kong's climate is sub-tropical, with temperatures dropping below 10 degrees Celsius in winter and exceeding 31 degrees Celsius in summer.