- An archipelago in the Pacific, Japan is separated from the east coast of Asia by the Sea of Japan.
- It is approximately the size of Montana.
- Japan's four main islands are Honshu, Hokkaido, Kyushu, and Shikoku
- Its closest neighbors are Taiwan, North and South Korea, China and Russia.
- It consists of four large islands and 6,852 (yes, 6,852!) total islands.
- Japan’s cities are as exciting and enthralling as the food – Tokyo is simply vast, and utterly packed with people.
- The beauty of Japan’s countryside matches the urban beauty of Tokyo or Osaka;